My personal reasons for loving this amino acid is because of the improved mental clarity, alertness, energy boost and mood lift..but clearly there are many more great benefits.
Amino acids are building blocks of protein. L-tyrosine is a non-essential amino acid, meaning you don't need to obtain it from diet as long as you consume enough L- phenylalanine, which the body converts to tyrosine. Because L-tyrosine appears to have particular benefits for mental health and mental performance, many people choose to take supplements of this amino acid or eat more food containing it, such as meat, seafood, dairy products and whole grains. Acetyl-L-tyrosine is a type of L-tyrosine supplement that the body converts to tyrosine. Consult a qualified health care provider before taking acetyl-L-tyrosine supplement.
1. Increased Metabolism: One of the biggest l-tyrosine benefits is that this amino acid increases the metabolic rate of the body. A higher metabolism means an easier time achieving a normal weight and maintaining it.
2. Depression Treatment: The right l-tyrosine dosage can be used in the treatment of depression. This amino acid is needed to produce some neurotransmitters which affect the mood, and a deficiency can cause depression in individuals.
3. Improved Mental Clarity: An increase in concentration is another benefit from this nutrient. Mental alertness is increased and it is easier to concentrate and focus mentally.
4. Appetite Suppression: Another one of the top l-tyrosine benefits. Having an adequate amount of this amino acid can help with weight loss and makes it easier to maintain a steady weight.
5. Improved Endurance: Just like many of the nutrients included in the essential amino acids list, l-tyrosine can improve endurance and help the body go longer before physical fatigue sets in. This is why many athletes and sports professionals supplement this amino acid.
6. More Energy: An increase in the amount of energy available to the body is another benefit of this amino acid.
7. Improved Thyroid Function: One of the biggest l-tyrosine benefits is that this amino acid will help with thyroid function. Anyone with a low thyroid function can benefit from supplementation of this amino acid whether this is done with food or supplement products.
8. Decreased PMS Symptoms: Many women showcased a great decrease in many PMS symptoms like headaches, fatigue and bloating. However, do not use this supplement if you have previously experienced l-tyrosine side effects.
9. Increase in Male Libido: An increased male sex drive is another of the top l- tyrosine benefits. This amino acid can boost the sex drive of men, especially as they get older.
10. Emotional Health: A tyrosine supplement is not usually necessary, but this amino acid can help improve the emotional well being of individuals when present in optimal amounts.GO BACK