In life, our ‘saw’ is our soul. It helps us tackle difficult projects with clarity, focus and energy.
Our soul allows us to interact with others on a deep and meaningful level. It assists us in stress management and in handling those bad days. And at the very basic level, it is our essence: our life source.
When you don’t take care of your soul, you’re essentially hacking at a tree with a blunt saw.
Every single day we choose, both intentionally and unintentionally, whether or not we will feed our soul or fuel our anxiety.
Ways to soothe your soul:
1. Things that make you happy, energetic and joyful. The things that you look forward to but often put off because you don’t have time or feel that there’s something else more important to do.
2. Go for a walk, take a hike, even just laying on the grass. There’s something about being outdoors that makes your soul sing. Pay attention to your breath and focus on things that are directly in front of you. Make an effort to be in the moment and notice all of the sights, sounds and smells that surround you. Put your phone down!
3. Sit by the ocean watching and listening to the waves. This one’s my personal fave. Feel the breeze, smell the salt, listen to the waves crashing. The ocean is so purifying. Taking a dip is also a great way to wash off negative energy.
4. LAUGH! CRAZY, SILLY, LOUD LAUGHTER. If there’s one thing my soul loves doing, it’s laughing. Laughter is pure joy. Bottled, it would be worth a crazy fortune.
5. Light a scented candle and climb into your cozy spot with a good book. Take in the smell and take in the words. It can transport you.
6. Meditate and Pray. I do both. But not usually together. They both soothe my soul in their own way.GO BACK